At Bridges, our mandate is to build the capacity of community, professional, and youth leaders through education, training and mentorship. Bridges does not invest in capital assets, only in the building of human capacity. Bridges works by invitation only, and prioritizes engagement with Canadian volunteers, mentors, trainees, partners, and citizens to foster better understanding between others.
Bridges is less about a program than it is about an approach. Our approach involves:
- initiation by a community invitation;
- a relationship-based community needs assessment;
- programming that has been specifically developed or adapted for that community;
- follow-up and mentorship (when appropriate) of participants;
- monitoring and evaluation of intended capacity building outcomes;
- communicating the stories of individuals and communities with whom we work so as to foster connections between people and groups and enable broader understanding.
For more information about Bridges’ approach, visit the Our Approach page.