Our vision is fully realized human potential and a peaceful world abundant with optimism and hope.
Our mission is to build the capacity of people to take care of themselves and their communities.
Our values include:
- Building from relationships: We believe that strong relationships built on understanding and empathy can be transformative, and are the necessary nodes for connection points that create positive social change.
- Working by invitation: We believe that the imposition of ‘outsider’ ideas and programs is counter-productive, and that a community must desire change in order for our work to be helpful. We recognize our presence as a guest first, invited to co-create with community.
- Sustained impact demonstrated by: making long term commitments and building relationships; and striving to have a meaningful impact.
- Respect demonstrated by: being caring and compassionate; being respectful of others’ culture; and being responsive to local needs/goals.
- Realized idealism demonstrated by: having integrity; being authentic and transparent; demonstrating equality; and pursuing pragmatism.